Ancient City of HATRA:
The city of Hatra:
Hatra was an ancient city in north Mesopotamia, located in present-day eastern Nineveh Governorate in northern Iraq. Hatra was a strongly fortified caravan city as an important historic religious center with its strategic position along caravan trade routes. Hatra was one of the first Arab states to be established outside of Arabia.
- Guarantee access and entry tickets.
- Knowledgeable tour guide.
- Comfortable transportation.
- Hatra at Night experience.
- Accomodation at 3* in Mosul.
- Logistical support.
- Local activities.
- Local food meals.
See & Do:
- How ISIS used the place for what purposes.
- Listen to stories from locals about their experiences during ISIS time.
- How the Ismeo – the Italian mission restored the site and prepared it for tourism again.
- See the seven temples that still exist with its Roman shaped columns.
- Overnight Safari / Hatra at Night experience.
- Camel and Horseback riding activities.
- Local food made by locals.
- World heritage site of UNESCO since 1985.
- The capital city of the first Arab Kingdom.
- Controlled by ISIS between 2014 – 2017 and used it as a camp.