City of Karbala:
The city, best known as the location of the Battle of Karbala in 680 CE, or the shrines of Imam Hussain and his brother Abbas.
The origin of the word “Karbala” comes from the two Babylonian words “Karb Illu” which means “The god’s prayer land”.
The martyrdom of Hussain ibn Ali is commemorated annually by millions of muslims Up to 8 million pilgrims visit the city to observe Ashura (the tenth day of the month of Muharram), which marks the anniversary of Husayn’s death, but the main event is the Arbain (the 40th day after Ashura’), where up to 30 million visit the graves. Most of the pilgrims travel on foot from all around Iraq and more than 56 countries.
Therefore, we can see Karbala is one of the main destinations in Iraq.
- Guarantee access and entry tickets.
- Knowledgeable tour guide.
- Comfortable transportation.
- Karbala detailed tours.
- Accomodation at 3*, 4* and 5* in Karbala.
- Logistical support.
- Local food meals.
- Between cities transportation to Baghdad and Najaf.
- Transfers to and from any other cities or the airports.
See & Do:
- Imam Hussain holy shrine.
- Imam Hussain Shrine Museum.
- Al Abbas holy shrine.
- Al Abbas Shrine Museum.
- Walk among the very beautiful and unique designed shrines in the world.
- Tour inside the shrine and know the story of the battle.
- The story of how did Hussien sacrifice himself to save humanity?
- Taste the local drink that has a mixture of 5 elements.
- Taste the local food, local sweets and the local ice cream.
- Old Salalma market.
- Maqam of Saheb Al Zaman.